Tuesday, September 02, 2008

baby update

there have been plenty of reasons I've been thinking it'd be nice to have internet at our house...one of them is so I can actually update this thing more often than once a trimester...but then again I would probably just end up playing online games or just on Facebook all the time, something productive like that. Oh well.

So yeah, as far as pregnancies go, I'm thinking I've had it pretty easy. I haven't puked once. I only broke down crying once (so far), and that was because I was so hungry I felt like puking and pretty much doing anything but eating at that moment. Not too bad. My main concern now is that my belly seems to be finally growing to the point that certain articles of clothing aren't fitting quite as well as they used to. The upside to this is that I seem to have only gained about 5lbs total, which is on the high end, but still acceptable. Considering that I haven't eaten the best this past holiday weekend, I would say I'm not doing too badly. I still kind of wish that one day I wouldn't have a belly and then the next day it would be an obviously pregnant belly; most people at work don't know, and so it feels like every day I come in trying to hide it out of normal self consciousness that people are going to start wondering and talking or something. Maybe a bit paranoid, but that's what's up.

In actual baby news, things are great. I'm 12wks today, officially due on St. Patty's day. Considering my Irish heritage, it could be worse. =) We saw the doctor a couple weeks ago, had an ultrasound, heard the heartbeat, and were utterly amazed. The baby is moving around so much! It's hard to believe that I can't feel it yet. But it was still only about 1 1/2 inches long at that point, I know that part will come soon enough.

I've been feeling better for the last couple weeks, actually making it 3 and sometimes 4 hours between eating. I still get in trouble by not listening to my body well enough and ignoring the hunger. I end up making macaroni & cheese or something quick and easy because it's the only thing I can manage while feeling like I'm going to pass out. I've been doing alright getting in the fruits and veggies, definitely more now than in the weeks leading up to pregnancy, so that's good. I still can't stay up much past 10:30, that's pretty much when everything shuts down. I've been trying to get ready and to bed before then, but again, it's earlier than my normal bedtime, so I'm pretty ok with it. The one thing I really know I need to work on is exercise. I can't run right now, but I should be walking more than I do. I think I might just need to dust off the old treadmill (literally...) and get it going again. Fall is coming tho, and that would be an awfully nice excuse to enjoy my favorite time of year.

Alright, so there are the highlights, I'll pass on the descriptions of exactly how my body is changing in many different ways, because well, it's just better that way.

No comments: